Magestic Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Magestic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2007
Hertfordshire
[glow2=black]Magestic DM2+ MiR2[/glow2]What do you want?

I am currently in the process of creating a MiR2 server, I'm not sure on the rates and such but I am sure on usingthe DM2 files.

This thread is to find out what people would want in the server (what makes an enjoyable server) and what rates people would want.

If you have an questions or suggestions please reply to the thread, If its a question I prefer it be pm'ed.

Many Thanks,
Magestic

Last edited:

nettim2k

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
want the drop rates,exp rates,whens beta testing etc before u can post tbh but gl:P

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
He asked what rates would people like. Tbh i like High rate servers, with high stated items and alot of caves/bosses.

/Xian

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
No that i'd play, as i don't play Mir 2 anymore, just wierdly enough do abit of a delphi coding for them.

But what i think would be a good server is;

1. Same stats and Exp given from mobs as euro
  2. Reduce exp needed per level to make it faster than euro
  3. Make some places really hard, but really rewarding, so a group of skilled people have to work together to get through. (better than having everyone solo constantly)
  4. Make rare things rare, you don't want every level 50 in game to be kitted in the same Mir armour.
  5. Try not to make caves of monsters which are packed, keep something like euro, as some spells are built around this. Mirroring for example is useless in a massive room packed of monster where only a wizard with ff would win at leveling.
  6. Don't have cave teleports to everywhere in the game, i don't like how most servers you can just teleport to a boss, own it, come back. (debatable, but in my opinion, make a new main province which links most things up, have shortcuts to bosses, but not a easy teleport.
  7. If your going to be using caves from euro, such as the Mino place on Prajna island, then don't use all the floor levels, no body wants to run like 8 floors to get to a boss, and let alone with the low user counts you get compared to euro, you don't need the full 8 floors.
So basically, to summerise, make it roughly 3x the speed of euro mir, and basically is euro mir, with more features, items etc, but smaller, you don't need the map sizes and cave sizes used in euro mir.

High stat servers and high level servers just get rediculous as you have never got enough spells to acator for all the levels. (inless your coding your own M2server, which i doubt as most people are using TD's)

Anyway, thats my two sence.

/Ash

*Angel*

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2004
boro/redcar
No that i'd play, as i don't play Mir 2 anymore, just wierdly enough do abit of a delphi coding for them.

But what i think would be a good server is;
  1. Same stats and Exp given from mobs as euro
  2. Reduce exp needed per level to make it faster than euro
  3. Make some places really hard, but really rewarding, so a group of skilled people have to work together to get through. (better than having everyone solo constantly)
  4. Make rare things rare, you don't want every level 50 in game to be kitted in the same Mir armour.
  5. Try not to make caves of monsters which are packed, keep something like euro, as some spells are built around this. Mirroring for example is useless in a massive room packed of monster where only a wizard with ff would win at leveling.
  6. Don't have cave teleports to everywhere in the game, i don't like how most servers you can just teleport to a boss, own it, come back. (debatable, but in my opinion, make a new main province which links most things up, have shortcuts to bosses, but not a easy teleport.
  7. If your going to be using caves from euro, such as the Mino place on Prajna island, then don't use all the floor levels, no body wants to run like 8 floors to get to a boss, and let alone with the low user counts you get compared to euro, you don't need the full 8 floors.
So basically, to summerise, make it roughly 3x the speed of euro mir, and basically is euro mir, with more features, items etc, but smaller, you don't need the map sizes and cave sizes used in euro mir.

High stat servers and high level servers just get rediculous as you have never got enough spells to acator for all the levels. (inless your coding your own M2server, which i doubt as most people are using TD's)

Anyway, thats my two sence.

/Ash

humm tbh u said b a gd server... i red"Same stats and Exp given from mobs as euro" n got put off readin the rest

server b nice if it was hight stat med lvlin asy 100 in aweek 200 in a month pros paras easy 2 get but loads of rares like wings orbs exp scrools few hidden caves boss cave grp cave lots of quests 2 get items sw cave arm... guild houses war zone... spilt up in grps 2 kill mass mobs 2 get 2 boss( for fang witch can help u get accec 2 a special cave( only have flag for a week n gotta fight for it again) i dunno

just afew on the spot ideas get them ingame n ill b glad 2 give u loads more

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
high stat servers fkin suk..... u play them for a bit and get bored.
what you really need is a med stat server where lvling dsnt drag on so around 20-30x exp. this way you dnt get get bored but u can still get an ok lvl without being a total geek.

just my views welcome to suggest others people.

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
20-40 exp is perfect imo.

med stats so euro items but orbs/gems fairly easy to get.

making sure all spells work & that there is an actual econamy rather than people giving away free mir items as they have 10 of each of them.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
server with fast levelin till around lvl50, then starts 2 slow down a lot
make start lvl35 with all spells lvl3 and a starter kit

loads of boss's, with 1 small floor then kr
also have like ZT 7th kinad floors then a kr, for big grp huntin
seriously no need for massive fkin maze maps like in PT -.-

2-3 big main boss's similar to OKS where big fights take place cause its a grp boss that drops really well.

med ish stats with normal pots.
all 2.3 features like gems/orbs/spells/merchant/gt etc..

make gems fairly common, so u can gem ur kit a lot, if ur gonna use TDs files tho, id make PR/MR/PA/slow gems/orbs rly rare as they r pretty overpowered, or jsut limit amount u can add for them.

make GTs+SW worth ownin, like special items / teles etc#

ull probably all think start lvl35 with all spells lvl3 is silly but its not, startin as a noob is so fkin boring. also if u start a pretty high lvl, start lvlin and getin higher ull get into it, and end up stayin.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
no mixed class skills. warrs hav dc . wizzes hav mc n taos hav high sc n med dc. med-high stats with high lvling until like ben said ruffly 50 ish. i dnt mind starting as a noob or starting at 30ish. make cash hard to come by n make it worth having. gems able to acquire but not too common. new skills like tdb curse mirroring n them sort of skills for around 55 when lvling is actually harder , tao pets to do damage. warrs to have 1 pet with high dc slowish-med atck speed slow walking tho. n wizzies to be able to buy 5 pets but for them all to be equivelant of 1 gd pet. plenty of lvling n hunting areas that only drop pots from mobs. plenty of bosses that drop kit. 1 main sz with a npc u can sell nething to and buy nething thats sold to the npc. plenty of quests . a rebirth system would be good so the high lvling is worth it. a few main bosses that require items to go and kill. quest kits . quest lvling areas. thesr just a few things off the top of my head.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
any particular reasons? tell them what u want to see...

i remember on AO that they had the event map which was filled with all the bosses from the server and the best boss spawned every hour and was like 3 of them. but the cave was open only 1 day a week a thursday if i remember rightly, wouldnt mind seeing this sorta thing brought back was a gd idea.

Last edited:

Magestic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2007
Hertfordshire
Right so...

Med Leveling with Normal stats.
New Caves and Mobs
New Items using normal stats (not super stats)

The Server is online for people who want to help me test rates and other stuff

images07ko0.png

/Magestic

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
any particular reasons? tell them what u want to see...

i remember on AO that they had the event map which was filled with all the bosses from the server and the best boss spawned every hour and was like 3 of them. but the cave was open only 1 day a week a thursday if i remember rightly, wouldnt mind seeing this sorta thing brought back was a gd idea.
aye was a good idea, but once a week was crap :(

should have it so it opens for 3hrs, then closes for 3hrs, etc

then have another liek that, that opens once a day at say 6pm-12pm

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
yeh ben maybe like 3 hrs a day but diffrent times every day maybe random every day with no logging out there no recalling to ther and stuff like that.

Mythril

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 25, 2007
are testers welcome to just log on and have a look?
post bugs/ suggestions here etc?